I'm returning to the blogging world since I've been absent this past week. I've just been busy with moving and starting a new job so the blog has taken the back seat, but no worries, I rarely skip a day of reading my favorite blogs so I'm still reading yours.
One thing in particular I have noticed is that I am so out of the loop when it comes to television. Because of my schedule I don't get to see much of American Idol and I don't watch the Bachelor which are the 2 shows that are all the rave in blog world. O well, I'm content to confine my television watching habits to Jon & Kate, Food Network, Full House and Fox News. Yes, I know I'm real cool.
Tried a new recipe last night, New Mexico Cheeseburgers, except for us it was Turkey Cheeseburgers since I like to try to substitute ground turkey for beef whenever possible. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 5. Pretty good, just needed more seasoning. Here's what you do.
One thing in particular I have noticed is that I am so out of the loop when it comes to television. Because of my schedule I don't get to see much of American Idol and I don't watch the Bachelor which are the 2 shows that are all the rave in blog world. O well, I'm content to confine my television watching habits to Jon & Kate, Food Network, Full House and Fox News. Yes, I know I'm real cool.
Tried a new recipe last night, New Mexico Cheeseburgers, except for us it was Turkey Cheeseburgers since I like to try to substitute ground turkey for beef whenever possible. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 5. Pretty good, just needed more seasoning. Here's what you do.
Layer 1 lb. ground turkey, 6 sliced, peeled potatoes, 1 chopped onion, 1 sm can green chilies, 1 can cream of mushroom soup and 2 c. cubed velveeta in a crock pot and cook on high for 1 hr, then low for 6-8 hours. We ate it with a spinach salad and crescent rolls. I might suggest throwing in a packet of taco seasoning next time, but still pretty good. A great cold night meal.
I'm off work on Wednesdays so I'm driving to Gadsden today for a dr. appt and some errands. I really do love my new job so far! I guess I better get ready if I'm leaving in 30 minutes. Good day everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment