About Me

Hi, I'm Amanda. Check out my "about" page to learn more about my life.

Follow Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

16 days

I have some super exciting news! I'M GETTING MARRIED IN 16 DAYS! Yes, 16!! Wow!!

Also, you may remember back in December I wrote about the Middle School Ministry at Crosspoint doing a missions project called change4change. Well, long story short, both the girls and guys tied and raised $182 in change! Dane and I were overwhelmed at their participation and God's faithfulness to provide for his children in Haiti. We sent this money to the Rescue Center http://haitirescuecenter.wordpress.com/and Licia wrote us back with some options that we could set the money aside for. After much thought we decided to pay for 1 child's tuition, books, uniforms and all supplies for schooling for 1 year. Praise God that another child can go to school!


I'm reading a book called Excellent Wife by Martha Peace and I must say that it is incredibly challenging. Seeing all of the things that I am called to be by God as a wife makes me want to crawl under the covers sometimes. I do KNOW that the power of Christ lives in me and that is the ONLY way that I can be the wife I am called to be.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday! I get to have dinner tonight with a friend I haven't seen often since high school and I'm super excited!!

Also running my first official 5K this weekend...don't expect any record time updates.

No comments: