About Me

Hi, I'm Amanda. Check out my "about" page to learn more about my life.

Follow Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What's the real deal with sound waves?

O what a beautiful sunny day! I LOVE days like today and the past 2 or 3 we've had!! They just make me want to pick daisies and smile! Ok, I admit, I really am that cheesy because that was an honest quote from my soul and not just some random sarcasm...go ahead, make fun if you want. :)

My Tuesday and Thursdays consist of not working until 1 so it's quite the lovely morning to stay home and work on wedding plans. I must admit that I am ready for the wedding to be here! So now I am sitting in my cozy bed with blankets at 10am working on programs, pictures and music.

At work there are always lots of discussions about theological and political debates such as stem cell research, Rob Bell, the infamous stimulus plan, etc. Yesterday was the day for discussions; however, my favorite and the one I will present to you is this.

If a tree falls and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?
Now you may be quick to answer that yes, it does because sound waves/vibrations are emitted by the action; however, the rebuttle of "are waves sound if not hitting a sound device (i.e. the ear)?" So...what do you think? If you know me, you know I love discussing controversial topics, but this is one I'm not willing to ponder long over. But tell me, what do you think?

No comments: