About Me

Hi, I'm Amanda. Check out my "about" page to learn more about my life.

Follow Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Who knew churches were so obsessed with time change?

This weekend has been a fun one so far! Well, you may not find it all that interesting but I have. I ran my first 5K this morning and absolutely LOVED it! My time was less than record-breaking but the best I've done so far so I was pleased although I think I can do better. The run was at Berry College in Rome, GA, a college of 26,000 acres of pure natural beauty! It was such a perfect morning for an outdoor run! A little cloudy, around 55 degrees. So needless to say, I am wanting to work on my time and run in another one soon.

In other news, I'm getting married in 2 WEEKS! Let me repeat, 2 WEEKS! I am super excited and must add that my mom is the most organized perfect wedding planner EVER! I told her she should do it on the side. She's fabulous!!

Still working on wedding programs this week and reception design so hope to finish that soon so I can coast in....yea, I'm sure that'll happen. :)

On another note, here in Alabama we have had absolutely gorgeous 70 degree weather for the past few days! It's a welcome change from the cold and the once-in-a-lifetime snow that came last weekend! O Alabama weather, you never cease to amaze me (or as I more often say, "you cease to amaze me") Yes, sometimes I get a little confused and Dane enjoys pointing it out. It's always great when I'm in the middle of a golden moment of sarcasm and then I defeat myself with jumbling up the final line. Well...that's me.

Don't forget to "spring forward your clocks!" I can honestly say that if I've heard it once then I've heard it 1000 times. Between people, reminders AT church, 2 emails from Brook Hills, 2 emails from Crosspoint and 1 email from Pine Grove I can fully assure you that churches are doing their job to let EVERYONE know that the time changes and they should be on time for church tomorrow. Alas, someone will forget which will warrant extra reminders for next year.

1 comment:

Meghanitie said...

I am so proud of you Amanda! We need to run together more often and we need to find a 5k to run. It's so much fun :)
Hope you're having a good week! Can't wait to hang out with you soon.