About Me

Hi, I'm Amanda. Check out my "about" page to learn more about my life.

Follow Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A little politics and life

Today was the first day of Camp Piney. This is a camp that the church I grew up at has on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 4 weeks during the summer. I am working there this summer and the first day went quite well! I absolutely adore the opportunity to love on kids that don't get loved on daily! I want to show them the love of Christ and let them know that they are so special and unique to God!

I've also been sitting here tonight reading several blogs of couples who have adopted internationally. I know I am ahead of the game since Dane and I aren't getting married until the Spring, but I can't wait to adopt! This is something Dane and I have talked about and is still a few years in the future but it is something that is near to our hearts and we pray that God continues to prepare the way for it.

This is such a random blog, but I've been listening to Fox News while blog surfing. Hannity and Colmes are discussing the Dobson/Obama issue. I need to research it because at the moment, I hear Obama's comments about the Bible and think his theology is not up-to-par but Dobson only seemed to say the same thing I do - that his Obama's theology isn't accurate and that he doesn't support him. Not sure that those quotes are a reason to be fired up against Dobson but who knows. There is probably more to the story that I haven't read yet. I need to call Adrian and do some coffee with her. She is a friend of mine and Dane's that knows her politics, theology and economics. So far I haven't disagreed with her yet and I absolutely LOVE discussing it all with her. I'm a little discouraged with the Obama/McCain nominations. Not that I think Clinton would have been any better, but I don't like any of them.

Last week, a guy met me as I was coming out of the HUC at UAB and asked me to sign a petition to allow third party candidates to be on the ballot because "Lincoln was a third party candidate." So I took the clipboard and read the form (something many people probably don't do) to see that the petition is ACTUALLY one to add Ralph Nader's name to the ballot. Seriously Nader, give up already. You've tried for years and got nothing.

No comments: