First stop: picnic in Homewood Park...my favorite place in Birmingham.
Next we went for dessert at Chili's where we had our first date.
I know you must think I had an idea by now, but no way! This is not out of the ordinary for him. He does great dates like this for no reason at all. Next we drove to the Trussville park (another place I love) as it began to rain. We found a dry spot under a tree and Dane brought out his guitar and sang Brown-Eyed Girl to me. (These are the chord sheets he had printed off.) We still managed to get a little wet from the downpour.
We then stopped by Lifeway (he works there) because he had to "check some e-mails." When we came back to the car these GORGEOUS flowers were waiting in my seat! I LOVE them!!
He then drove me downtown then blindfolded me. He says you get some strange looks when driving in downtown Birmingham with a blindfolded girl in your front seat.
He took me to the BCM and read something he wrote to me while we were seated on the same couch that we met on in August of 2006. He then reached in his pocket and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!! Of course, I SAID YES!!
This is "THE COUCH."
We then went to Dane's house where his family, my family and Sybil and Meghan were there to celebrate! Sybil, Meghan and I admire the ring!
The ring and the BEAUTIFUL daisy!
My ring from the MOST AMAZING guy!


4 comments:
I'm SOOOO excited for you!!! I can't even begin to tell you! This is going to be an awesome, exciting time in your life. Buckle up girl! I can't wait to see the ring next week!
This is so exciting and so sweet! Congrats to you two!
What a wonderful story. I'm so excited for you guys. Congratulations on the engagement. We also love the Homewood/Trussville parks so maybe we can go together and have a picnic soon. It was so great having you both over tonight. I hope to see you again soon.
Love,
Brook
That was so sweet!!! Your ring is GORGEOUS!
Post a Comment