About Me

Hi, I'm Amanda. Check out my "about" page to learn more about my life.

Follow Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, June 8, 2009

¡Bienvenidos a Louisville!

Hello all! We're in Louisville now!

We're officially moved into our wonderful apartment and soo excited to be here! We absolutely LOVE the neighborhood we live in because it has such a large variety of everything! So far Louisville is giving Birmingham a run for its money. It's also very nice to actually live close to school, work and the grocery store for once. When we lived in Chelsea we were at least 15 min from anything and 30-45 min from work. Here we're less than 5 min from school, Dane's job, Walmart Market, Kroger, Starbucks along with several local ice cream shops and restaurants. We've used 1/2 a tank of gas in almost 2 weeks...beautiful! I'm still job searching but I know that God has something prepared for me. It's all in his timing.

We've also found a church that we love! We've only been once and still may possibly visit 1 more church this week, but we love Crossing Church. I must tell you about my favorite part! At the end of the service, everyone took communion then returned to their seats to celebrate with worship. The parents left to go get their kids and bring them in to worship as a family. Several families had adopted children from various places and if you know me at all you know that God has given me a huge heart for adoption. It was such a beautiful picture of families made up of every tribe all worshiping their Savior!

Dane starts class next week so that will begin another new time in our lives. During the summer or "J-term" each class meets only for 1 week from 8-4Mon-Fri. As I write this blog he is sitting here in the living room reading away. He has lots of books to read for his Intro to New Testament class that starts next week.

That seems to be all that is worthy of blogging right now. I had my first go at homemade chicken fingers tonight and I think they were a success! Very easy and some may even compare them to Chic-fil-a (ok, well..only Dane says that and he's a little biased).

1 comment:

geauxcory said...

I'm glad you guys are doing so well!