So I'm sorry for still continuing the delay of posting pictures of our new place. We made the trip back to Birmingham and Centre this past weekend for a friend's wedding and got to visit with more friends and family. In spite of what sometimes seems like a super long drive, it was definitely worth it to get to visit with everyone! God has blessed us with certain friends that whenever we are together, we are challenged to be more like Christ and to be on board with Christ's command of discipling the nations. We are so thankful for God placing people like this in our lives!
In other news, Dane is loving working at the Lifeway on campus. He enjoys getting off by 5 everyday which is a very welcomed change since he was rarely home before 10pm when we lived in Birmingham. Have I mentioned that our apartment is close to everything?! When we lived in Birmingham it was at least a 20 min drive to anything and now we are 2 min from school/work for Dane, 5 min from Walmart Market, 10 min from Kroger, Target, 2 malls and 12 min from church. It's absolutely amazing at how much longer a tank of gas lasts!
I am searching for a job and am temporarily working part-time for Student Life. I really miss my coworkers there! Working from home isn't nearly as fun when you do it everyday. I'm not complaining though. I'm thankful for any job God has given me.
God has been teaching me lately the power of his name. His name has the power to save, the power of life and death and commands all praise, honor and glory. Who else can say that? He showed me my complacency and lack of concern for the power of the name of Christ which are outright sins of rebellion. God is growing in me a desire for knowing Him. I am learning every day new ways that I am required to blindly trust in his sovereignty. After all, if I am created to enjoy his glory and my prayer is that he be glorified, then the life of this christian hedonist will be wonderful! I totally stole that from a book I read right after I graduated high school..."Desiring God" by John Piper. If you haven't read it, you definitely should check it out!
That's all for now. I'm going to hang out with the most amazing husband in the world...yes, that's Dane! ¡Buenas noches a todos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment