About Me

Hi, I'm Amanda. Check out my "about" page to learn more about my life.

Follow Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy __________ Day

How was your Valentine's/Black Hearts/Singles Awareness Day? Between all of my friends, there are so many names for this day. My favorite is actually Black Hearts Day...just seems so rebellious, because if you know me you know that's what I am, rebellious :)

Well my Valentine's Day was absolutely perfect! Dane had several sweet surprises for me throughout the day along with a trip to Barnes & Noble to check out the Savannah books to plan our honeymoon, a movie at our beloved $1 theater and dinner at a great Mexican restaurant in Vestavia, Sol Azteca. He thinks I'm crazy but I still say and Payden agrees that no Mexican restaurant anywhere can beat La Cabana in Centre, AL (formerly known as Mi Casita). All Mexican lovers should travel from afar to this amazing establishment and discover its wonderfulness for themselves.

Anyway, for some reason God began to put it on my heart to begin praying for the parents of the child or children that we will adopt one day. I feel safe in saying that the kids are probably not born yet since we want to wait around 3+ years before having children and want to adopt young ones. I want to pray for God's guidance and his grace to be shown in their lives, knowing one day suddenly for some reason they will not be able to provide for their child and allow their child to come live with us. What an amazing thought! I am so excited at the idea of loving a child and making him or her my own through adoption just as Christ adopted me into his family and made me his own!

So tell me about your thoughts on adoption and about your Valentine's/Black Hearts/Single Awareness or whatever you call it Day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrew agrees with you about La cabana. He says we HAVE to go someday; that day has yet to come.
See you Friday!
Beth

the n said...

I made a post about babies today too! What a coincidence! We had a great 1st married V-day! Glad yours was great too!

Unknown said...

I completely agree with the La Cabana thing! Shane and I said we would love to have the time to eat there while we are in Centre for your wedding...great stuff!