About Me

Hi, I'm Amanda. Check out my "about" page to learn more about my life.

Follow Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, November 20, 2009

What a wonderful night!

I must say that tonight was so much fun! When Casey came to visit us last week he brought me a wonderful Christmas Village Tortilla Soup mix. I must say that one of the things I miss most about Christmas Village is buying homemade soup mixes! So after work today I went grocery shopping for just a few things and we all know that I do enjoy this most of the time. I then came home to do a few chores while our tortilla soup cooked. I must say the soup was AMAZING!!

After dinner I sat down to do a little sewing before Dane and I went on a Starbucks date. We love to do the "5 questions cards" on our coffee dates. We each take a notecard and write down 5 questions that we can ask each other. We both have to answer each question. This is something we started when we were dating and love it so much that we've continued it into married life. Some of the questions from tonight were "If there was a St."YOU" day, what would the celebration be like?" or "If you write a book, what would it be about and what would the cover look like?" To make this date even better, we both had coupons for free coffee so it was a totally free date! I had my first Christmas drink, a non-fat, no whip cream Caramel Brulee Latte and it was pretty good; but, I think I'll stick to my non-fat, no whip Peppermint Mocha in the future.

Now we've arrived home and I've sat down to check a few blogs, tell you all about my wonderful night then move onto some more sewing while watching The Office and Friends. I must say this has been one winner of a Friday night!

Here's a pic of one of my recently finished sewing projects. One of our friends here is having a baby boy, who we like to affectionately call "Baby G." These were a gift for his shower last week.

No comments: