It means "we smile."
Meghan (Harris), a girl on our Zambia team, just added more Africa photos on facebook and she had this one of me playing around with Peter. I absolutely love it because this child won my heart, just like he also did with everyone else. (The pic is the main one at the top of the page if you still haven't noticed.) Peter is around 3 or 4 and is absolutely a monkey at heart. He LOVES to be picked up, swung around, do flips...anything that involves human contact. As Meghan took this picture, he is climbing up my stomach to do a flip or at least to try.
One thing concerned me about Peter though. He never said a word, nor did he make a sound. I asked another girl if he spoke and she said "yes" but even speaking to him in his native language, he never made a sound - no laughs, cries, grunts, acknowledgement of sound or anything. I wonder if he might be deaf. He had no shoes on so when we were playing he stepped on some prickly things that stuck into his foot. Instead of crying out, he just stopped and squeezed my hand and looked up with eyes of pain. I picked him up and removed the pricklies and he was fine, but I thought it odd that even in pain, he made no sound.
I long for the day when Dane and I adopt children. I absolutely cannot wait to take a child like this and call them mine and love them with the love of Christ every day. What better way is there to be the hands and feet Christ to one child.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
14 All those led by God's Spirit are God's sons. 15 For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption, by whom we cry out, " Abba, Father!" 16 The Spirit Himself testifies together with our spirit that we are God's children, 17 and if children, also heirs —heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ—seeing that we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.
1 Now I say that as long as the heir is a child, he differs in no way from a slave, though he is the owner of everything. 2 Instead, he is under guardians and stewards until the time set by his father. 3 In the same way we also, when we were children, were in slavery under the elemental forces of the world. 4 But when the completion of the time came, God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. 6 And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, " Abba , Father!" 7 So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God.
Post a Comment