About Me

Hi, I'm Amanda. Check out my "about" page to learn more about my life.

Follow Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Heart Reading

Just finished another wonderful book by Francine Rivers. Whenever I want to read a book that just draws me in, I can always count on her to deliver. A friend highly recommended the book and let me borrow her copy of Her Mother's Hope. It was every bit as wonderful as she said!




The sequel, Her Daughter's Dream, came out this past week so I can't wait to read it soon!

Other than a great book, we are loving this fall season...even though the high is still in the 90s every day this week. We had a party at our home yesterday with everyone from Dane's office and had a blast! We painted pumpkins, played cornhole, grilled ribs and burgers and even played a little Catchphrase. The sad consequence of being outside for all of this fun is that it's pollen season and I woke up to a fight with my allergies this morning. Everyone always tells us that you've never experienced bad allergies until you've lived in the Ohio River Valley and I must concur.

If I had a camera that allowed me to post pictures online then I would post a picture of Dane's pumpkin that he painted. Our pumpkins definitely show our different personalities. Mine has cute green and white polka dots; but, his has a stick like figure of Antoine Dodson with a speech bubble saying "Hide yo kids." Ah...what would we do without Antoine's song in our lives.

1 comment:

Beth said...

HILARIOUS about the pumpkin. My hubs would probably do the same thing!! :)