About Me

Hi, I'm Amanda. Check out my "about" page to learn more about my life.

Follow Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, June 6, 2010

50 Things You May Not Know About Me - Part 1

I stole this idea from this amazing friend. Chances are that if you're reading this you probably know me; but, you may not know these things.

1. I strive to always paint my toenails.
2. I've only had 1 pedicure in my life. (I've suggested to Dane that I'd like another in the near future.) :)
3. I'm a punctuation nazi. The incorrect use of the semicolon tends to drive me nuts.
4. Our camera was stolen a few months ago so that is why there are so few pictures on my blog.
5. By the age of 11 my best friend and I knew the layout of Office Max better than my mom knew the grocery store. Let's just say we loved office supplies.
6. In sixth grade I remember coming home to scrub my white shoes in order to keep them perfectly white. OCD, yes?
7. I love to paint pictures but don't do it often due to the fact of not wanting 1000 painted canvases sitting around my home.
8. I hope to one day begin a successful Etsy shop.
9. I've recently become a HUGE fan of Ikea.
10.I've never seen Lost, Grey's Anatomy, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings or Twilight and don't ever plan to do so. It's fine if you like it, but I have no interest there.
11. I took piano lessons for about 6 years.
12. I played softball in a local league for 6 years and then for 2 years in high school.
13. I celebrate birthday weeks.
14. I played golf with my dad for several years as a child.
15. I've ridden through the entire country of Botswana on a van with 15 people and slept at the border of Zambia to enter as soon as it opens the next day.


16. I have a hard time getting rid of photos...even if I know I'll never look at them for 5 years.
17. I love to organize everything; but, somehow I'm not bothered that my craft box is in utter chaos.
18. Kool-Aid pink lemonade is my drink of choice.
19. I've never had a broken bone.
20. I absolutely LOVE fresh flowers. This lovely bouquet was given to me on Valentine's of this year.


21. I love a good Starbucks latte, frap or mocha but don't particularly enjoy coffee. I know...a little high maintenance.
22. I have a tendency to want to control things. God is showing his grace by teaching me to go with the flow sometimes.
23. I still drive the car I drove when I turned 16. My '96 red Ford Taurus has been good to me.
24. People often think I'm older than I am...just 23 guys not 28.
25. I worked as a Housing Coordinator for Student Life Camp in summer '07 and got to assign housing for 800-1600 students each week for 12 weeks.

Stay tuned for part 2.

4 comments:

Payden said...

I'm a cameo in number 5. yipee!

Amanda said...

Yes, that's certainly the one and only Payden!

Beth said...

RE: 1 & 2: Me too! Except... I never paint my own toenails. Pedicures are my one true guilty pleasure. A friend and I get one every month at Red Nails at the MSM. Truly, Red Nails is the BEST at pedicures. I literally refuse to go anywhere else, including pricey salons.

RE: 3: Are we the same person?

RE: 4: This is so sad. What about your renters' insurance?

RE: 5: Are you sure we're not the same person? I love office supplies, too, but refuse to buy anything at OD/OM because they're such expensive stores.

RE: 10: I'm with you... on Star Wars and LOTR. :) I heart Twilight & Lost! GA -- I could take it or leave it, but the recent season finale was amazing.

RE: 11: Eleven years! But I'm terrible at it.

RE: 13: I could get into this idea.

There were others I could've commented on, too, but I decided to keep it cool for this first episode. ;)

Amanda said...

Beth, maybe we should go together when I get my next pedicure.

As for the camera, the amount of the gps and camera didn't meet our deductible so we decided not to worry about it for now.

You should definitely get into birthday weeks. We put up lots of decorations and the birthday person gets tons of special treatment. It's great!