About Me

Hi, I'm Amanda. Check out my "about" page to learn more about my life.

Follow Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Back in the South!!

I am back in the south and it is WONDERFUL! I do love it down here. We are doing 3 camps here in Cleveland, TN at Lee University. I will try to post more often...I realize my posts have been lacking quite a bit. Today's post will be short because it's registration day and although it has gone incredibly smooth, there is still lots to be done. This week's camp pastor is Ben Stuart and the worship leader is the band Spur58...this band is awesome!

Here's a quote from John Piper that I read today and thought I might share with you all. (If you don't know, I do love quotes.) Piper is speaking here on the total depravity of man.

"Of course totally depraved men can be very religious and very philanthropic. They can pray and give alms and fast, as Jesus said (Matthew 6:1-18). But their very religion is rebellion against the rights of their Creator, if it does not come from a childlike heart of trust in the free grace of God. Religion is one of the chief ways that man conceals his unwillingness to forsake self-reliance and bank all his hopes on the unmerited mercy of God (Luke 18:9-14; Colossians 2:20-23)."

No comments: