Hey guys! Ok, so I am here at Student Life at Shocco Springs for training week. We are here until Friday and then we will drive to Stephen F. Austing University in Nacogdoches, TX...at least I think that's how you spell it. So far we've had meetings all day since Sunday...I'm ready to get into action so I can really learn everything! I can't access Facebook and Myspace while here at Shocco so you guys can comment on here or shoot me an e-mail at amanda08@uab.edu ...I miss you all! I do have AIM here on my computer in the office so during the day I'll be online. I'm learning how to work the Student Life databases and how to operate an iMAC computer also so that's a little challenging but exciting.
Please continue to pray for Prim, our compassion representative... she, along with 3 others (for the other SL teams) still have not been able to get a Visa from the U.S. Embassy in Uganda. These representatives are LDP graduates which means they have grown up in the Compassion International project programs and have been sent to college and are not graduates of college. The U.S. embassy is afraid to let them leave and come to the U.S. because they believe they will never return to Uganda. For those of you that don't know, Compassion International is an organization that allows people to sponsor impoverished children around the world for $32/mo. One LDP graduate is here (on the blue team). His name is Dennis and I can't wait to hear his story on Thursday night!
Well, I'm going to get back to work. I'm about to begin assigning student housing for our camp at SFA next week. There is so much more I want to tell you guys but I just don't have all the time right now. I will post again as soon as I get a chance! Continue to pray!! Thanks!!
En Cristo solo,
Amanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That would be amazing to meet someone who grew up through the Compassion program!! I'll be praying that they will get all their visa stuff worked out, and get there to get some kids sponsored!! I am so excited that you are giving your summer up to work with student life, I went to the camps during high school, and each time I came back with something real and lifechanging that God did in my life. You are allowing God to work through you to draw teens closer to himself, and that is amazing! I love you, and I hope you're having fun and meeting lots of cool people!!
Post a Comment